Landfolio provides an integrated approach for managing indigenous land use agreements (ILUA) processes.
Managing Indigenous Land Use Agreements Using Landfolio
Indigenous Land Use Agreements (ILUA) are voluntary agreements negotiated between a native title group and resource companies for the use and management of traditional land and waters. An ILUA provides a flexible approach to the management of land access and land use issues allowing parties to tailor the outcome to suit their circumstances.
Resource companies must find a way to effectively manage the negotiation process and subsequent outcomes / obligations of an Indigenous Land Use Agreement (ILUA) with Native Title groups. The agreement might include a provision for managing compensation for loss/impairment of native title and land access as well as define how Native Title rights coexist with the rights of others. Most importantly, the ILUA lays the foundation for a close working partnership. Quick, simple access to all of this information is pertinent for natural resource organizations to ensure all legal obligations are managed in an effective manner.
Landfolio® software for natural resources allows resource companies to manage the complete ILUA process using Landfolio’s integrated contracts management functionality. From negotiations and registration all the way through to the long term conditions and obligations of the agreement, Landfolio schedules, notifies and tracks all on-going agreement decisions, meetings and obligations. It also provides a spatial-enabled system to view ILUA agreements in conjunction with your land or mineral tenure.
Landfolio provides the following benefits for managing ILUA agreements:
- Provides a fully integrated approach to managing the entire ILUA process
- Ensures shared responsibility in the protection of land, fishing, and water processes via effective management strategies
- Improves protection of Indigenous heritage and sustainability of Aboriginal culture
- Improves social and economic outcomes for Indigenous people
- Establishes formalized processes for the resolution of native title claims through negotiation, discussion and agreement-making
- Incorporate outcomes of the negotiation process
- Manage communications between your organization, government agencies and Native Title Holders
- Administer internal approval processes
- Schedule and track on-going agreement obligations
- Manage and calculate appropriate compensation
- Display geographical extent of ILUA and associated native title claim areas and heritage sites